Matthew Mcconaughey Considering Texas Governor Run
If McConaughey decides to run, it remains unclear which political party he’ll affiliate himself with. Though he has usually voiced his opinions on specific issues, he has never publicly recognized as both a Democrat or a Republican. Although there has been speculation within the media that Matthew is Republican, he has by no means brazenly spoken about his political affiliations. The actor refused to rule out working for governor when he was asked about it on The Hugh Hewitt Show last November. Matthew McConaughey speaks throughout a Q&A occasion on the University of Texas at Austin on January 21, in Austin, Texas.
- The most recent high-profile success story is Vermont’s Bernie Sanders, the longest-serving impartial US senator, who has switched back and forth between impartial and Democrat a number of times.
- But McConaughey ramped up hypothesis once once more final week, when he stated in a podcast interview that running for governor is a “true consideration.” He followed it up with an interview with NBC News’ Al Roker, from the lawn of Texas Capitol, in which he reiterated he was excited about a bid.
- In the radio interview, McConaughey lamented the political polarization that marked the lately ended presidential election.
- Oscar-successful actor Matthew McConaughey, currently promoting his function within the film Gold, thinks it is time for Hollywood to “embrace” President Trump.
- “Well, they don’t have a choice now, he is our president,” Matthew said on the time. “It’s very dynamic and as divisive of an inauguration and time that we have ever had.
- But a day later, after his Hewitt interview obtained broad media protection, McConaughey seemed to dial again the hypothesis a couple of gubernatorial bid, telling late-night time TV host Stephen Colbert that he has “no plans to do that right now.”
MATTHEW McConaughey’s politics have left fans to wonder whether he’ll run for workplace on day. News Corp is a network of main companies in the worlds of diversified media, information, education, and information services. The billionaire and one-time presidential candidate reportedly included his own name in a listing of potential replacements for Newsom in a current survey. In the Sunday interview, Michael Sherwin shared his view that there could be enough evidence to cost some riot suspects with sedition. The most up-to-date excessive-profile success story is Vermont’s Bernie Sanders, the longest-serving independent US senator, who has switched backwards and forwards between impartial and Democrat several times.
Voting Outcomes, Supreme Court And Matthew Mcconaughey: Views From Huffpost Readers
When it involves extra politically delicate issues, McConaughey has treaded rigorously. Take, for example, the push to “defund the police” last year after the death of George Floyd, the black Minnesota man who was killed after being pinned down by an officer. And on police specifically, he mentioned there are “a couple of of those bad apples need to be removed, however we need to ensure we’re training them better.”
He is thankful for his gay followers and is supportive of the homosexual community,9 but he hasn’t come out in assist of homosexual marriage that I might discover. He hasn’t talked about abortion, gun control, immigration reform, or health care–all divisive issues on the American political panorama. He was spotted jogging with George Clooney earlier than the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina10 however we’re really stretching here. But then again, some folks think he couldn’t presumably be a Republican as a result of he’s a hippy who doesn’t like to bathe,7 or because he smokes pot and likes to play the bongos bare.8 Bullshit indicator lights up once more.
Matthew Mcconaughey Mentioned Hed Think About Operating For Texas Governor, So We Wrote His Political Platform
When his house state was hit with a severe winter storm in February, McConaughey hosted a virtual benefit by way of his basis to provide Texans with the “bare necessities”. Early within the pandemic, McConaughey filmed pro-masks PSAs and interviewed Dr Anthony Fauci on Instagram. In an interview with Jesse Will for Men’s Journal, he lamented how politicized mask-sporting had been by either side of the spectrum. The actor spoke out on the “epidemic” of gun violence in 2018, taking a unique stance from his extra progressive colleagues.
An independent, third celebration candidate has by no means gained a presidential election, not counting President George Washington who ran as an unbiased, but supported by the Federalist party. When asked in November 2020 by the conservative discuss radio host Hugh Hewitt whether he would contemplate a bid, he responded, “It would be as much as the people greater than it would me.” He known as politics a “damaged enterprise” and said it might only garner more curiosity when it “redefines its purpose”. “He’s our president. And it is very dynamic and as divisive of an inauguration and time that we’ve ever had. At the same time, it is time for us to embrace, shake hands with this reality and be constructive with him over the subsequent four years.” Some interviewers have specifically asked McConaughey if he would run as a Democrat or a Republican — or something else — and he has not played ball.